Rss Feed
  1. The Long and the Short of It

    Saturday, August 25, 2012


    Recently uncovered letters between onetime teammates Manute Bol and Mugsy Bogues show a contentious and fragile relationship.

    ...
    Dear Tyrone,

    My little friend, how are you? I hope life is finding you most content. I am enjoying the summer here in the Sudan, picking apples from the tall trees for the children and building schools. How is your summer? Are you still short, much like a circus performer or a cartoon character? Haha, I joke.

    Best,

    M. Bol

    ...

    Dear Manute,

    Great to hear from you. I am having an awesome summer. Mostly I am in the gym working on my game trying to get better. Some of us aren't freakishly tall and actually have to have some skills to play in the NBA. In any case, I will call you if my cat gets stuck in a tree.

    Regards,

    Mugsy

    ...

    Hello Mugsy,

    What a thrill to receive your correspondence. I forgot to ask you in my last letter if being so humorously short is a problem with the women? I imagine it is, as they prefer a tall, strong man. But surely you can use your humor to woo them, such as dressing up like the orange men from the chocolate movie.

    Best,

    M. Bol

    ...

    Manute,

    OK, you've got jokes? Too bad the only women you can date are the giraffes in your backyard you lanky freak. Can't wait to dribble circles around you next year. I'll check back next time for a weather report, you blow pop looking sucka.

    Mugsy

    ...

    Dearest Mugsy,

    It often pleases me to see a short man upset. It is cute, like a frowning child. I would very much like to pet you on the head, as I do my own children. In any event, I wish you well on your journey towards a respectable height. Surely it must be difficult to be amongst the people, always needing assistance to get things from the shelves. In Sudan, we have a place for those in your condition. They build everything low to the ground for an easier life. I do not know if U.S. has this. Best of luck.

    Regards,

    M. Bol

    ...

    Manute,

    Fuck you.

    Mugsy


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment